Guide to Install VNC and GNOME on CentOS VPS
1. Installing Desktop Environtment :
# yum -y install gnome*
# yum -y groupinstall “X Window System”
2. Installing VNC Server :
# yum -y install vnc vnc-server firefox x11-xorg
3. Setting up the VNC Server :
enter your desired password
4. Adding configuration to the xstartup :
# nano ~/.vnc/xstartup
add this line at the bottom :
5. Start the VNC Server and connect to it :
Connect to your VPS using your favourite VNC Viewer and the IP, for example : 220.127.116.11:1
(replace 18.104.22.168 with your vps IP address)
Was this answer helpful?
Use yum command as follows:# yum install squidOutput: Loading "installonlyn" plugin Setting up...
ConfigServer firewall is a popular linux firewall security suite. It is easy to install, flexible...
How do I install vnstat software - a console-based network traffic monitor under CentOS or RHEL...
1. Introduction CentOS has an extremely powerful firewall built in, commonly referred to as...
I t is a common practice to manage UNIX/Linux/BSD servers remotely over the ssh session. You may...