Guide to Install VNC and GNOME on CentOS VPS
1. Installing Desktop Environtment :
# yum -y install gnome*
# yum -y groupinstall “X Window System”
2. Installing VNC Server :
# yum -y install vnc vnc-server firefox x11-xorg
3. Setting up the VNC Server :
enter your desired password
4. Adding configuration to the xstartup :
# nano ~/.vnc/xstartup
add this line at the bottom :
5. Start the VNC Server and connect to it :
Connect to your VPS using your favourite VNC Viewer and the IP, for example : 184.108.40.206:1
(replace 220.127.116.11 with your vps IP address)
Was this answer helpful?
OpenSSH (or Secure SHell) has become a de facto standard for remote access replacing...
1. Maybe you do not need the full kernel source If you need to compile a...
Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux (or EPEL) is a Fedora Special Interest Group that creates,...
If you are using cPanel, you should add the IP addresses through WHM. Do not follow...
Just create a new interface file with a colon and a number....