Guide to Install VNC and GNOME on CentOS VPS
1. Installing Desktop Environtment :
# yum -y install gnome*
# yum -y groupinstall “X Window System”
2. Installing VNC Server :
# yum -y install vnc vnc-server firefox x11-xorg
3. Setting up the VNC Server :
enter your desired password
4. Adding configuration to the xstartup :
# nano ~/.vnc/xstartup
add this line at the bottom :
5. Start the VNC Server and connect to it :
Connect to your VPS using your favourite VNC Viewer and the IP, for example : 184.108.40.206:1
(replace 220.127.116.11 with your vps IP address)
Was this answer helpful?
IMPORTANT: Beofre changing your port, make sure the new port is whitelisted in your firewall, if...
This guide will explain how to set up a site over https. The tutorial uses a self signed key so...
1. Maybe you do not need the full kernel source If you need to compile a...
VNC is used to display an X windows session running on another computer. Unlike a remote X...
This guide will assist you in setting up an rsnapshot backup server on your network. It will...