Guide to Install VNC and GNOME on CentOS VPS
1. Installing Desktop Environtment :
# yum -y install gnome*
# yum -y groupinstall “X Window System”
2. Installing VNC Server :
# yum -y install vnc vnc-server firefox x11-xorg
3. Setting up the VNC Server :
enter your desired password
4. Adding configuration to the xstartup :
# nano ~/.vnc/xstartup
add this line at the bottom :
5. Start the VNC Server and connect to it :
Connect to your VPS using your favourite VNC Viewer and the IP, for example : 22.214.171.124:1
(replace 126.96.36.199 with your vps IP address)
Was this answer helpful?
I t is a common practice to manage UNIX/Linux/BSD servers remotely over the ssh session. You may...
1. Introduction CentOS has an extremely powerful firewall built in, commonly referred to as...
If you are using cPanel, you should add the IP addresses through WHM. Do not follow...
This guide will explain how to set up a site over https. The tutorial uses a self signed key so...
IMPORTANT: Beofre changing your port, make sure the new port is whitelisted in your firewall, if...