What is a DCV email?
In efforts to protect against potential fraud, SSL Vendors have recently increased security measures. One of these new security proceedures is called Domain Control Validation (DCV) email.
Here's how it works:
1) You place your ssl order for whatever-your-ssl-domain-is.com
2) The ssl vendor will send an email to one of the following email addresses:
- The email address listed at whois for whatever-your-ssl-domain-is.com (privacy protection must be disabled)
3) That email will contain a url and a code - you'll just click on the link, and paste the code as directed.
4) The SSL Vendor verifies the information you provided, and then the ssl is either issued, or queued for further screening.
If you have any questions about the DCV email, please let us know.
Was this answer helpful?
Make sure mod_rewrite is loaded. There should be a line in your httpd.conf file...
Before you can install an SSL Certificate you must first have followed the steps in the articles...
To install the SSL Certificate through your WHM you will need to log into WHM first.You will want...
Before you can generate a CSR you must first have a Dedicated IP number and must have already...
What is an EV SSL Certificate? EV (Extended Validation) SSL is the most trusted web security...