How do I create an email alias/forwarder?
- Sign into the AccountCenter.
- Click on your primary domain.
- Click on the Email Aliases tool.
- Click the option to Add new email alias.
Alternately, if you want to edit an existing alias, click on edit next to it.
- Enter the name for your new alias, and select the domain. This example shows how to create [email protected].
- Special option: Leave the address blank to receive all email for the chosen domain (excluding existing email addresses). Note that you will receive increased amounts of spam if you do this.
- Then, choose the addresses to which you want it to forward. You can choose internal addresses in the first box, and type external addresses in the second box. Hold down Control (Windows) or Command (Mac) to be able to click on multiple addresses.
If desired, you can set up an auto-reply for this email alias.
If you are creating an alias or forwarder that already has its own mailbox, you MUST make it forward to itself. Otherwise, messages will skip the original inbox and go only to the other email addresses on the list.
Of course, if you do want mail to skip the original inbox, you don't need to select it.
- Special option: Choose (trashcan/blackhole) to automatically delete mail that comes to this address.
- Click save to create this alias.
Your new alias will now begin forwarding email as specified.
Was this answer helpful?
Some email problems can occur between your computer and the (mt) Media Temple server. There are...
We activated mode_security on host plans so if you can not define a permanent link for your...
Make sure that Port 25 isn't blocked on your network. Also, make sure that you are...
If your webmail test and your telnet tests from the previous section haven't turned up any server...
Make sure that your mail service is enabled. Also, check to make sure that you don't have a...