How to clear ARP cache when windows can not do it
If Clearing the ARP Cache Fails
Occasionally, clearing your ARP cache will fail due to a bug in Microsoft Windows.
If you try to use Microsoft Windows to repair the network connection, you will receive an error message that says:
Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following operation could not be completed:
Clearing the ARP cache
For assistance, contact the person who manages your network
This bug occurs when Routing and Remote Services is enabled. Routing and Remote Services is almost unnnecessary and can be turned off unless you know that you are using it.
To disable Routing and Remote Services:
* Click the <Start> button
* Click the <Control Panel> button
* Switch to "Classic View" if you are in "Category View"
* Click <Administrative Tools>
* Click <Computer Management>
* Double-click <Services and Applications>
* Double-click <Services>
* Scroll down to <Routing and Remote Services>
* Double-click <Routing and Remote Services>
* Examine the "Startup Type"
* The options are "Automatic", "Manual", and "Disabled"
* Set the "Startup Type" to "Disabled"
* Examine the "Service status"
* Make sure that the service status is Stopped. If it is not Stopped, click the <Stop> button
* Click the <OK> button
Now, try clearing the ARP cache again and it should complete with no error messages.
clear the ARP cache. This is done with the `netsh` command:
C:\>netsh interface ip delete arpcache
Was this answer helpful?
Click on Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall This will open the Windows...
Physical Memory Limits: Windows 8 The following table specifies the limits on physical memory...
Remote Desktop is a Windows service that allows users to connect to a host computer from a...
To activate voice on Windows server 2008 32-bit you can follow below instruction:Go to Start >...
Follow the below steps and then restart the server :