Updating server software
ISPmanager 5 enables to update software products installed on Debian, CentOS, FreeBSD.
Complete the following steps:
- Log into the control panel with superuser permissions
- Browse to the module "Software"
- Click the "Update" icon to update the software. In the form that will open select the check box "Update list of available software"
- Once complete, the panel will check updates for packages. If any, in the Software module you will see the banner "New software versions are available: __list__ (total__count__).".
- Click "Details" to start the update process. Updates will run as a background task.
- During the update process in the "Software' module you will see the banner "Software update is in progress..."
- Once the background is over, in the "Software" module you will see the banner "Software update report is available...". The banner will display unless superuser views the report and delete it. Click "Details" to view the report .
For software update:
- Debian-based systems
Apt packet manager, execute the command:apt-get -y --allow-unauthenticated upgrade
Yum packet manager, execute the command:yum -y update
portupgrade update utility, execute the command:portupgrade -a -r --batch
Note: if the portupgrade utility is not installed, it will be installed autmatically.
Was this answer helpful?
Details of the dovecot Following is the example of Dovecot on Debian. You can see the lines that...
Introduction The user directory~/php-bin/ by default contains the following files:...
This article describes some specific notes you should keep in mind when installing ISPmanager 5...
Data collection Before starting a backup process, data from the control panel's modules that...
ISPmanager 5 + 2 DNSmanager as slave name servers This is standard configuration. The server...