External name servers
This module can be used to manage your external name servers. You may use a remote server with the DNSmanager control panel as an external name server to distribute information on your domain. And all the changes in DNS made on the master server will be automatically registered on the external one.
If ISPmanager installed on your external name server:
- you must have administrative permissions to access that server. Create a new account and grant it with access privileges to domain functions;
- make sure that path DomainSlaveZonesPath <path to file zone directory> is present in the ISPmanager configuration file;
- make sure that user who has run bind has enough privileges to write into that directory.
Once you have added at least one external server, a new icon "Renew a domain on external name server" will appear in the Domain names module. You can use it to manually update the domain information.
- Back to the list of domains
- View a list of external name servers
- Add external name server
- Edit external name server parameters
- Delete external name servers
View a list of external name servers
- Control panel URL - URL to the control panel that is installed on the external server.
Add external name server
To add new external name server, click the"New" icon and fill out the form:
- Control panel URL - provide a URL to the control panel installed on the external server , such as https://mydns.com/manager/dnsmgr.
- Username - enter the username to gain access to the external name server. Please note: if the ISPmanager control panel is installed on the remote server, you must have administrator privileges to create an external name server. We recommend that you register a new account and grant him access to domain functions.
- Password - enter the password that to get access to the external name server
Edit external name server parameters
To edit an external name server, locate the the external name server you wish to edit, click the "Edit" icon and modify the settings you want to change.
Delete external name servers
To delete an external name server, select it from the list and click the "Delete" icon. Confirm that you want to delete the selected external name server by clicking "OK" on the following window.
Was this answer helpful?
Supported software Currently ISPmanager supports the following FTP-servers: ProFTPd;...
In this module you can use a list of archives that were stored during the backup process. You can...
Example of the postfix/main.cf configuration file Following is the example of Postfix...
Data recovery consists of several steps. Input parameters: version includes the data,...
A plug-in is an add-on for a program that adds a specific feature or service to it. For...