Installation of InterWorx
Installation is fairly straight forward and this is just a brief overview of the install process, with more detail to come at a later date.
- If you intend to use an off-server storage solution for your siteworx user data, mount it as /chroot on the cluster manager.
- Install and Activate InterWorx on each server as detailed in chapter 2 on page 1↑ and chapter 3 on page 1↑.
- Log into NodeWorx on the cluster manager and set your default DNS servers.
- Goto Clustering ▷ Setup on the cluster manager and click the Setup button under the cluster manager panel. If you are using the split public/private network setup, you should pick your private IP address as the quourum. Otherwise you should use the most primary IP address (i.e. lowest-numbered eth device) as the quorum for simplicity.
- Now to Clustering ▷ Nodes and prepare to add nodes to your cluster.
- Log into NodeWorx on your cluster nodes. You will have to probably accept the EULA and put some temporary default DNS servers in as part of the default “first time login” process.
- Go to NodeWorx ▷ API Key and click “generate” to generate an API key for the node.
- Return to NodeWorx on the cluster manager and add the node’s IP address and API key. The IP address should be the private IP if using a split public/private network setup. First click “test” to verify that the CM can talk to the node. If the test passes, go ahead and add the node.
- Repeat steps 6-8 for each node in the cluster.
- Go to Clustering ▷ Load Balancing to set policies for how you want incoming traffic distributed. This is discussed more in the clustering guide.
- Setup your remote MySQL server in System Services ▷ MySQL Server ▷ Remote Servers
Footnotes[A] It should also be noted that when your SiteWorx users create MySQL users, they should leave the “host” of the MySQL user to %, in order to allow all servers the ability to use that MySQL user. localhost will make it so PHP applications executing from the CM and node are unable to access the MySQL server.
Was this answer helpful?
A chain certificate is a digital certificate that provides a bridge of trust between a...
Prerequisites An existing SiteWorx account. A SiteWorx account with a dedicated IP address....
Login to your Linux server as root, via SSH or Terminal. Download and run the installer: sh...
Database Manipulation How to: Add a Database Click the Hosting Features menu item...
download the correct version of ioncube here:http://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php and then create...