Installing IIS 7 on Windows Server / Vista / Windows 7
1. To open the Windows Features dialog box, click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Figure 2: Windows Vista Start menu
2. In the Control Panel, click Programs.
Figure 3: Control Panel Home
3. Click Turn Windows features on or off.
Figure 4: Control Panel install options
4. You may receive the Windows Security warning. Click Allow to continue. The Windows Features dialog box is displayed.
Figure 5: Windows Security dialog box
5. Expand Internet Information Services. Additional categories of IIS features are displayed. Select Internet Information Servicesto choose the default features for installation.
Figure 6: Windows Features dialog box - IIS
6. Expand the additional categories displayed, and select any additional features you want to install, such as Web Management Tools.
Figure 7: Windows Features dialog box - IIS feature selection
7. If you are installing IIS for evaluation purposes, you may want to select additional features to install. Select the check boxes for all IIS features you want to install, and then click OK to start installation.
Figure 8: Windows Features dialog box - Installation selection
8. The progress indicator appears.
Figure 9: Progress indicator
9. When the installation completes, the Windows Features dialog box closes, and the Control Panel is displayed.
Figure 10: Control Panel Home page
10. IIS is now installed with a default configuration on Windows Vista or Windows 7. To confirm that the installation succeeded, type the following URL into your browser, http://localhost.
Figure 11: Default Web site
11. Next, you can use Internet Information Services Manager to manage and configure IIS. To open IIS Manager, click Start, type inetmgr in the Search Programs and Files box, and then press ENTER.
Figure 12: Default Web Site Home page
If you want to use ASP, Microsoft® ASP.NET, or PHP, install the modules needed to host these pages; this can be done during the installation of IIS or after the installation is complete.
Was this answer helpful?
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2 You can configure the number of simultaneous remote...
Remote Desktop is a Windows service that allows users to connect to a host computer from a...
Click on Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall This will open the Windows...
If Clearing the ARP Cache FailsOccasionally, clearing your ARP cache will fail due to a bug in...
Part 1: Create a basic FTP site Create a new user for the FTP site Open Server...