An email template is a predefined text message with macros that can replaced by corresponding values when sending an e-mail to users.
If you need to create messages with similar configuration, you can create an email template and use it as the basis for creating new message.
The email templates are kept in the files that are located in the etc/dist subdirectory of the directory, in which the control panel is installed:
In this module you can customize various messages and notifications for newly created user, reseller or administrator accounts.
- admin.welcome.email - for administrator accounts.
- reseller.welcome.email - for reseller accounts.
- user.welcome.email - for user accounts.
- password.recovery - ISPmanager password recovery instruction.
View a list of templates
- Template name - name of the message template.
To edit the template, select it from the list, click the "Edit" icon and fill out the form:
- Sender - provide an e-mail address to send the message.
- Subject - enter a subject.
There are several macros that you can use in your messages:
- __email__ - message will be sent to this e-mail address.
- __name__ - account name (username).
- __note__ - additional information related to this account.
- __passwd__ - password.
Following are macros that can only be used for administrator email templates:
- __uid0__ - system user with UID 0 was created for this administrator.
Following are macros that can only be used for user email templates:
- _domain__ - name of a WWW domain, domain zone and mail domain created for the user (if the value was specified when creating the account).
- __owner__ - reseller's name (the account's owner).
Following are macros that can only be used for user and reseller email templates:
- __bandwidthlimit__ - monthly traffic limit.
- __baselimit__ - database limit.
- __baseuserlimit__ - database user limit.
- __cgi__ - CGI can be used for this user.
- __disklimit__ - disk space limit.
- __domainlimit__ - maximum number of domains for this user.
- __ftplimit__- maximum number of FTP accounts for this user.
- __ip__ - IP-address assigned to the user's WWW domains.
- __maildomainlimit__ - mail domains limit.
- __maillimit__ - mailboxes limit.
- __phpcgi__ - enable/disable PHP as CGI for the WWW domains of the user.
- __phpfcgi__ - enable/disable PHP as FastCGI for the WWW domains of the user.
- __phpmod__ - enable/disable PHP as an Apache module for the WWW domains of the user.
- __preset__ - name of the preset that was used to create a user account.
- __shell__ - enable/disable shell access.
- __ssi__ - enable/disable SSI for the WWW domains of the user.
- __ssl__ - enable/disable SSL for the WWW domains of the user..
- __webdomainlimit__ - maximum number of WWW domains for this user.
Please note! If you are using macros in your preset and the corresponding parameter is not used when creating the account, the macro in the message will not be changed.
Was this answer helpful?
Supported software Currently, ISPmanager supports the following servers: Nginx 1.1.15 and...
A Background task is a task performed in the system for a long period of time. In the...
This module can be used to manage your server parameters, such as its host name and time zone....
In this module you can manage a wide range of server applications available to you and...
Creating user Create a user who will own the site. ISPmanager --- Accounts...