Software licensing policy
ISPsystem software products v.5 have a new licensing policy. There are two ways for activating your license:
- Automatically - users do not need to perform any actions. However, there are a number of restrictions on the server configuration. This method can be used by most users.
- Manually - it can be used by those who want to run ISPsystem software products through the intranet with the panel not accessible through the Internet. A user will need to go through the number of steps to activate his license.
Activating a license automatically
- the server with an ISPsystem software installed must have a public IP address;
- the control panel should be accessible through that IP over the Internet.
The procedure consists of four steps:
- Once started, the control panel will verify the license key. If it is not found or invalid, it will send a request to a license server.
- The license server will verify all the data received and the IP address assigned to the license. Then it sends a back request to the control panel.
- In case of a successful request, the software product will be considered activated and may start working.
- If the request failed, you will have to activate the license manually.
If the license server failed to find the license, you will have to activate the license manually as well.
With all the requirements met, a user won't need to perform any operations to activate his software license.
Activating the license manually
If the license is missing or the software fails to activate automatically, the following form will display upon login:
If you do not have a software license, select "Buy the license" and follow the instructions on the form. If you already have the license, you need to obtain the activation key to activate it. You may obtain the key from your provider or in the license edit form in BILLmanager. Below is the license edit form where you can copy the activation key.
Once you got the activation key, input it into the "Activation key" field and click "Activate". The process is done in 4 steps :
- The panel gets the server information and sends a request to the license server.
- The license server will check whether the license was activated for the selected software and server.
- If the license has not been activated, the server will send the successful reply. The software will be considered activated.
- If the license has already been activated, the server will cancel the activation request and will ask to regenerate the activation key. To regenerate the key, contact your provider. You may regenerate the activation key only once a month.
Was this answer helpful?
A plug-in is an add-on for a program that adds a specific feature or service to it. For...
Creating user Create a user who will own the site. ISPmanager --- Accounts...
This article describes some specific notes you should keep in mind when installing ISPmanager 5...
Exim configuration file in details Following is an example of the Exim configuration file on...
How logs rotation works By default for logs rotation ISPmanager 5 uses...