How the "PHP settings" module works when modifying parameters
The user directory~/php-bin/ by default contains the following files:
- php - php-cgi start script;
- .php.ini - user configuration file;
- php.ini - PHP configuration file, which is a global php.ini, where user variables from .php.ini re redefined (see section 2.).
How the module works
- If you have administrator privileges
- Changes are described in the file specified in the "php_ini" variable from the ISPmanager configuration file (mgr5/etc/ispmgr.conf).
- Changes made to the global php.ini are applied for each user wiht the PHP activate. I.e. all the changes made in the global php.ini file are specified in the user php.ini the parameter being edited is not defined by the user (the paremeter value will nor change in this case).
- If you have user privileges
- Changes are specified into the ~/php-bin/.php.ini file
- Changes are applied regardless the global php.ini and are specified into the ~/php-bin/php.ini file. I.e. a local copy of the global php.ini is created, where variable from .php.ini are redefined (see section 1.) and specified in the ~/php-bin/php.ini file.Attention: if you are making changes to files from shell (or in the "File manager" module): 1. ~/php-bin/php.ini - will be overwritten when changing PHP parameters in ISPmanager, i.e. all user settings will be lost. 2. ~/php-bin/.php.ini - modified parameters will be applied only once PHP parameters are edited in ISPmanager.
If you want to configure PHP settings manually, duplicate the required changes into both ~/php-bin/php.ini and ~/php-bin/.php.ini files.
Was this answer helpful?
Introduction Migration from ISPmanager 4 is supported only on Unix-based operating systems. The...
Add a new user in DNSmanager for each server running ISPmanager. Disable apparmor or...
This module can be used to manage your server parameters, such as its host name and time zone....
Data recovery consists of several steps. Input parameters: version includes the data,...
Exim configuration file in details Following is an example of the Exim configuration file on...